Sunday, September 21, 2008

Speedy Chicken Quesadillas


This recipe is from the Sobey's magazine 'Inspired by Compliments'

Prep. time: 15 min. Total time: 35 min.
Makes 8 quesadillas


1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and breast meat only, diced (this was the pre-cooked chicken from the store) (I froze the rest of the chicken for a soup for a later date)

1 orange pepper, diced

1 cup fresh (uncooked) corn (about 1 cob) (I just used frozen corn)

1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (I'm not a fan of mushrooms, so I left this out when I made mine but added it to John's and Sarah's)

1/2 cup finely sliced red onion

1 pkg Burrito Kit

2 cups skim mozzarella shredded cheese (I already had 3 cheese mexicana cheese, and it worked out great!)


1. Preheat a panini press or a skillet to medium-high heat. (I found this to be too hot, so I did mine at medium)

2. Combine chicken, pepper, corn, mushrooms and onion. Season with the burrito seasoning mix. Place tortillas on a clean work surface. sprinkle bottom half of each tortilla with 2 tbsp cheese. Divide chicken mixture evenly between tortillas. Sprinkle each evenly with remaining cheese. Fold tortillas in half.

3. Lightly oil panini press or skillet and cook 2 quesadillas at a time until crisp and golden on both sides and heated through, about 5-7 min. If using a skillet, flip quesadillas over when brown on the underside. Cut in half and serve with salsa for dipping.



This is more filling then it looks... I was only able to eat 1 1/2, Sarah ate just as much though, lol.

1 comment:

M'Lisa Aimoto said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I didn't think I'd do much with my blog but I find that it's a great way for friends and family to keep up on what Kenji is up to most of the time. Feel free to check out our blog if you haven't already. www.theaimotos.blogspot.com
I look forward to seeing more recipes and hopefully some pictures of your little Sarah soon.
M'Lisa, Jason and Kenji!